- Treat to prevent future stains. Apply leather protector to your leather to prevent water spots and stains.
- Avoid anything with wax or silicone; it will clog the pores in the leather.
- Avoid mink oil or other fats as it will darken the leather.
- Avoid cleaners that leave grease or residue.
- Remove dirt and dust from your leather coat by wiping with a damp and clean sponge dipped in lukewarm water.
- Remove any water residue with a soft cloth.
- Do not use cleaning products as they can cause discolouration and dry out the leather.
- For larger stains, see professional leather cleaner.
- Keep away from heat and always store in a cool, dry place and / or in a breathable garment bag.
- Never wrap it in plastic – leather is porous and always needs air.